- The Magic Power of Weekly Check-Ins
- What Happens During a Check-In?
- Setting SMART Goals
- Check-Ins during Office Hours
- Scheduling Your Check-In in Healthie
- Viewing Scheduled Appointments
- Canceling or Rescheduling Existing Appointments
- Meeting Your Coach for Your Check-In
The Magic Power of Weekly Check-Ins
Behavioral science tells us that breaking a big goal down into bite-size chunks is the best way to make long-lasting change.
Yet, even with the best intentions, life happens. Other issues will demand your attention and without some accountability, it’s easy to get distracted.
A weekly check-in adds accountability to help you stay on track. Knowing that you’ll get a check-in with your coach reminds you that your goal is important and that you don’t have to go it alone.
What Happens During a Check-In?
What will you discuss with your coach during the weekly check-in?
The check-in is for you! You decide what’s most important to focus on each week. The purpose of a check-in is to give you time to get the support you want from your coach, with you leading the way.
Check-ins may include some or all of the following:
- Review of the previous week in general, and previous week’s goals.
- Discussion your main reasons for transitioning to more of a plant-based diet and why you want to do that now.
- Identifying what went well as well, as any hurdles.
- Brainstorming strategies together to overcome obstacles.
- Asking questions of your coach.
- Developing new goals to experiment with in the coming week.
- Working on mindset strategies to feel more confident and peaceful.
- Getting ideas for recipes and meal prep strategies.
- Setting SMART Goals for the upcoming week that you choose.
- Setting a date for the coming week’s check-in.
What check-ins are NOT:
- Coach telling you what to do
- Assessment of your performance
- Shame or guilt sessions
Check-In During Office Hours
For most free challenges, you will be notified of ‘office hours’. During these times, you can reach out to your coach by sending a chat message.
In this case, you don’t have to schedule a specific time. Just reach out anytime during the office hours.
Scheduling a Check-In Appointment
If you need to schedule a check-in with your coach, you can do it right in the Healthie mobile app or web browser app! (Most free challenges don’t require scheduling check-ins. Refer to Office Hours above, instead.)
Here are instructions for booking your check-in appointment on the mobile app:
Step 1: Click on “Appointments” on the bottom menu bar from the Home screen.
Step 2: Click the “+” sign in the upper right corner to add an appointment.
Step 3: Choose the Appointment Type: Weekly Check-In. Choose from any options shown. The options available are based on your challenge or membership level.
Step 4: Choose the Contact Type and Location.
- For check-in by chat: Choose “In Person”, then “Chat in Healthie App”. (Used for most free challenges.)
- For videocall: Choose “Healthie Telehealth” for Contact Type.
- For phone call: Choose “Phone Call” for Contact Type.
Step 5: Choose Date and Time. If you don’t see any time slots available, use the “>” to advance to a future week.
Step 7: Receive Email Confirmation. Please check your email for a confirmation of your appointment. Save this information in any calendar system you use to maintain your schedule.
Click for more details on scheduling appointments.
Viewing Scheduled Appointments
Go to Appointments and look for a blue dot under any dates. Click on this date to see any scheduled appointments.
If you have created multiple appointments or would like to review any upcoming scheduled appointments, you can review this in your “My appointments” tab.
Canceling or Rescheduling Existing Appointments
To Cancel an Appointment, view the appointment by clicking on the appointment date. Then click “Cancel”. Cancelled appointments may not always be eligible for rescheduling. Please contact your coach for more details.
If rescheduling has been approved, cancel an existing appointment then schedule a new one.
Click here for more details about how to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
Meeting Your Coach for Your Check-In
Food Freedom Naturally offers three types of check-ins. Each can be conducted via the mobile app or on your computer web browser. Your challenge or membership level determines the type of check-in you are eligible for.
1. Meet for a Chat Check-In
To connect with your coach during office hours, simply send a message to your coach in Healthie. Find out more about how to use chat for messaging.
Or, if you’ve made an appointment for a chat check-in, at the appointed time, you or your coach can initiate the chat by simply sending a message in the Healthie app.
2. Meet for a Videocall Check-In
At the appointed time, meet your coach by videocall. You will be prompted to download the Zoom app or follow the browser instructions to join the call. Find out more about videocalls. Typically, missed appointments are forfeited and check-ins resume the following week.
3. Meet for a Phone Call Check-In
At the appointed time, your coach will contact you via the phone number you provided at sign-up. To use a different number, message your coach prior to your appointment. Typically, missed appointments are not forfeited and check-ins resume the following week.