Are you interested in coupling the power and features of the Fitbit app with Healthie?
This tutorial will show you how to quickly sync Healthie with Fitbit and explain what information is transferred and how to find it in Healthie!
How to Sync Healthie with Fitbit
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Step 1: Download and install the free Fitbit app on your smartphone. Create a free Fitbit account.
- Step 2: From the Healthie app, in the upper left corner, choose “Fitbit” from the Main Dropdown Menu.
- Step 3: On the next screen, you’ll be prompted to log in to your Healthie account on the Healthie website. (If you’ve forgotten password, click the “reset password” link.)
- Step 4: On the next screen, log in to your Fitbit account.
- Step 5: Allow permissions.
- Step 6: Close the web browser and return to the Healthie app.
What if you don’t own a Fitbit device? No worries! You can still sync to Fitbit to transfer Nutrition and other data.
How to Unsync Fitbit
- Take Steps 2-4 above.
- Choose “Unsync Fitbit” from the upper right menu at this step.
Data Sharing between Fitbit and Healthie
When your Fitbit account is synced, information will pull in once per day, typically around 3 am EST. As a result, you may need to wait up to 24 hours for future updates.
Once you sync Healthie with Fitbit, Healthie will pull the following data daily from Fitbit:
- Steps (requires Fitbit-compatible step counter)
- Weight (from Fitbit scales)
- Physical activity
- Nutrition Summary
Synced data from your Fitbit will appear as entries in the Journal and Metrics section of your Healthie profile. This data is also visible by your coach.
The only entries that will be synced will be those entered for the previous day. So, in order for Healthie to receive the data, be sure to log entries in Fitbit by the end of the day.
The Nutrition Summary from Fitbit includes the total calories, fiber and macronutrients. It does not show individual foods.
You can track items in both Fitbit and Healthie. Experiment to see which approach works better for yourself.
Refer to the Fitbit’s support guide for detailed information on how to log food in Fitbit.
Healthie can also be synced with MyFitnessPal, via Fitbit. Find out more here about Syncing MyFitnessPal to Healthie.
Troubleshooting Your Fitbit Connection
- Step 1: Sync the Fitbit with Healthie as described above.
- Step 2: Log food or workouts into Fitbit.
- Step 3: Wait at least 24 hours.
- Step 4: Check to see if the entries appear in the Healthie journal.
- Step 5: If the entries do not appear, unsync Fitbit. Sync again and repeat the steps.
- Step 6: If it still doesn’t sync, please contact us.